Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Adventure Continues


Photography is an adventure.  

Large Format photography is even more of an adventure.  It is fun, challenging, difficult, frustrating, surprising, and unpredictable.  It is an art, a science, a skill, and something that just plain dumb luck is the best thing you can have. 

In the end it is ultimately rewarding.

Photography continues to evolve as an discipline and the technology is changing at an ever increasing rate.  As traditional as large format photography is it is not immune to change.  I continue to deal with markets and tools that do not sit still.

It is something that I am still compelled to work with, to try to understand better, and to try to improve in.

As I look forward to working more with the camera and seeing where it takes me next.  

I think of this image as one that has always inspired the photographer in me.  Perched high on a cliff overlooking the Rio Grande, it always makes me ready to grab the gear and head west.

2 comments:

rickster said...

Darren,

glad to see you back - was surprised to see the old version "gone". As a LF enthusiast, I'm even more pleased with the new focus. I enjoy both your writing and your work.

Thanks,

Rick

Darren said...

Thanks, Rick.

I hope to evolve some more and am trying for 2-3 posts a month.