Friday, March 7, 2008

County Road

Sunrise on an old County Road west of town.

The orange light in the sky was getting brighter as I stood on the side of an old road. The light was shining off the the blacktop and the telephone poles were silhouetted against the clouds. It was a rather typical county road and it looked great in this light.

Being early on a Sunday morning on a cool day, I did not expect much in the way of traffic, so I felt safe on the edge of the shoulder. It was dark enough to not need the darkcloth and I was able to focus with just the loupe. That made me feel even a bit safer as that was less of a distraction. But I saw no cars and made the image.

Sometimes you have to drive for hours and sometimes you can find pretty neat stuff right close to your hometown. This was one of those mornings where the ordinary became a nice picture.

No comments: