Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Marsh Point

The frozen marsh was covered in several inches of fresh snow. I had seen an image of a tip of land that jutted out into the marsh. I knew the marsh ice was several inches thick and would easily support me, however being here alone I decided prudence would be to walk out and test it first before I brought all the extra weight of the camera gear.

Everything seemed fine ice wise, and the image had potential, so I brought out the camera and set up on the ice.

With the point of land, the snow covered ice and distant islands and bluffs I thought it was a good composition. The strong directional light also made the scene even more interesting.

For being such a cloud free morning I have now gotten what I hope to be several different images in just a short while. It is quite fun and I make the most of it.

When you are on the road for work and you look outside and see it is -8 and clear it might take motivation to get out, but I know this is an opportunity not to be missed. I am very glad to be here despite the temps. Yes I do think this is fun!

No comments: