Saturday, December 8, 2007

Tis the Season



Tis the season for tidings of great joy and photographing colorful Christmas displays.

The holidays are a great time to get out in the night and photograph the lights and sights that help make this time of year magical.


I was up and out early one weekend morning and went to downtown Cowtown to photograph the Christmas tree that is set up on Main Street.

Setting up a tripod smack dab in the middle of Main Street with a 4x5 is not something you can do on too many days or nights. But since they close a couple of blocks for the tree, I could set up right on the bricks. Since it was early, I had the whole area to myself too. I stayed for an hour just walking around the tree and photographing the scenic holiday wonderland that was there in the midst of downtown.

Happy Holidays.


No comments: