Friday, April 4, 2008

Tule Mountain by Moonlight

I arrived in Big Bend National Park in the early morning hours under a clear sky and full moon. I stopped near Maverick and made an image by moonlight of the stars and Tule Mountain.

This is a fairly short exposure of 3 or 4 minutes. The image with the 4x5 was longer and maybe 10-12. The light from the moon was so bright I was worried about over exposure.



This mountain has fascinated me for a long while. I first photographed it several years ago. I have made a few in the day, a couple at sunset, and now a few at night. I still have not gotten it right. One day at the Amon Carter Museum I saw an image taken at twilight of this mountain that was stunning. I might have to give up and find another mountain. I do not remember who the photographer was but it was everything I have tried to make in an image and have failed.

No comments: