Sunday, October 20, 2013

Clear Sky Morning at Santa Elena

I made a second morning stop at Santa Elena Canyon a few days after my first visit.  It was a completely clear sky day.  This morning I decided to photography from a different vantage point to the south and downstream of the canyon and see if I could get the light on the canyon walls.

As soon as the light started to come up I began to make images.  When the pink predawn light of a clear sky is in the west before sunrise I was able to get this image.  Velvia capturing the softness and delicate color in the sky.

I photographed on through the sunrise and I had hoped the orange light of the first rays of the sun would be stunning, the final results on film lacked the qualities of this image here.

That sometimes unknown is one of those fantastic things about photography, you have to try and then see what works.
 

No comments: