Monday, August 26, 2013

Santa Elena Canyon

Santa Elena Canyon is my favorite location in Big Bend National Park.  It is a location I visit every trip.  If you follow my WildernessPhotographer blog you have seen many entries about this amazing location.

After witnessing a spectacular sunrise where I did not even try to use the 4x5, I set up my tripod and the Arca-Swiss and decided to work with black and white.

The amazing light show of the sunrise not only ended but the clouds were rapidly fleeing the sky.  Some shadows were still sliding across the canyon and I hoped that monochrome was the way to.

I worked on two compositions.

First thith the canon centered and then with the canyon left and the the bulk of the Mesa de Anguila as the main subject.

Luckily the few clouds were making just the right amount of shadow and light.  I worked with Efke 25 and then had it processed by DR-5.

These are the best two.


No comments: